Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oodles Of Noodles



This is one of my ALL time favorite recipes.  It is also one of my closest friends all time favorite recipes and she just happened to hint around how she was craving it.  So I do what I love to do and invited her over for dinner, dessert and a movie.  For me, it was an early birthday gathering.  I must give a shout out to her new man though for not inviting him.  The steroids have left me a different person, well, practically 2 of me lol...I will have you over SOON and cook you up something wonderful!

So this dish is originally a catfish recipe.  I cannot even tell you where I got it so I can't reference the original recipe, that's how long I have been making this dish.  I switched it up and added baby portobello mushrooms, artichoke hearts and chicken.....mmmmmmmmmm lawd have mercy!  It also didn't have a name and I offered it to one of my meat eating friends and he laughed at me and said he didn't want any of my "oodles of noodles".  The name stuck.  

This is a SUPER quick meal.  So for your cheap butts out there here's what I did:  I bought a deli chicken from Costco (they are about 1lb larger than other places) and split the meat between this dish and my creamy white chicken chili.  The chili made 3 containers which I froze.  Hmmmm side track:  maybe I should label dishes that I can make ahead and freeze? Hmmmmm ok ok I'm focusing now lol.  There was PLENTY of chicken in this dish!  

Oodles Of Noodles
(I adapted it from an unknown source)

1 deli chicken, skin removed, cut into pieces
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 - 1 whole lemon (depending on your taste)
1 pkg sliced baby portobello mushrooms
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 minced garlic clove
Parsley, salt and pepper to taste
16 oz angel hair, spaghetti or linguine

Melt butter in a skillet.  Add mushrooms and saute for 5  minutes or until soft.  Add the remaining ingredients except the pasta.  Saute over low heat while the pasta is cooking.  At this point I usually add a little more wine and lemon juice to make extra sauce.  Make sure when cooking with wine to cook at least 5 minutes after adding so the alcohol will cook out.  Serve over cooked pasta, topping with shredded Parmesan Cheese.  *Note:  I always make this with Angel Hair pasta except for last night I used Linguine....it was SO good with the bigger, meatier noodle.  

1 comment:

  1. ~hello darling~
    i have not been by for awhile now....i must check in from time to time as I am finding some yummy,nummy recipe's to try....thank you! I really want to try this one....and the hen bars! Yes...A MUST! Glad to see you are still doing the blogging now and again! It is so awesome! ~love-a-love-a-you-!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete