Sunday, June 27, 2010

Classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are AWESOME (Courtesy of My Kitchen Cafe whom I am semi-madly in love with but shhhh don't tell her).  I am not a cookie person.  There I said it.  Have you recovered enough to read on?  Look at the picture.  That's what sold me.....and the fact that I had all of the ingredients on hand.  Slightly crispy around the edges, nice and soft where they are supposed to be.  Not too dark, almost a blonde oatmeal cookie if you ask me.  It is officially my favorite cookie recipe on here. Hehe we won't tell anyone it's the ONLY recipe I've posted to date.   


(Note:  I cut the recipe in half and it made 2 dozen cookies)


1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 3/4 cups oatmeal
2 cups chocolate chips
Cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add Baking soda, powder, and salt and mix. Add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Mix until combined. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. For those of you wondering about this recipe....I must tell you they are DE-LISH! I made them and took them to my Mom's for coffee with my sisters....they loved them, too! Why is it the oatmeal makes you feel not so guilty about eating the chocolate chips??? HA! Thanx for sharing, Kelli! XO

    ReplyDelete